Timeline: From Now Until The Launch
- Join us for an optional support call August 1 from 12 pm – 1 pm Eastern Time.
- We will provide all launch templates by mid-August.
- Begin work on your organizational video(s) – make sure you keep these private and please upload them on our Private Facebook group (for benefiting nonprofits).
By September 20, 2018
- We will provide you with our launch strategies.
- Launch Preparation
- Ensure your videos are ready for launch.
- Ensure you have your celebrities lined up and ready.
- Ensure your website, social media sites, email systems and staff are ready for launch.
- Prepare all of your staff to take the challenge individually – posting a video, sharing and donating.
- If you haven’t done this yet, you will want to look at activating whatever spiritual practices you find empowering to breathe life into the most positive intentions for the success of the challenge.
Important Contact Info for Urgent Matters (If you faced any challenges during the preparations period, please contact one of the following individuals:
- Marilyn Levin (firstname.lastname@example.org) – +1 (512) 940-6202
During Launch – Late September to Mid October (more detailed information will be provided as we get closer)
- Email to your list of contacts.
- Post on all social media.
- Include our challenge in your press release.
- Post at least one video of your org taking the challenge.
- Post at least two videos involving famous people – ideally, these famous people participate in spreading the challenge and post themselves but if not you can post and share.
- Invite your staff to individually post, share, record a video and donate as well.
- Invite all of your members, supporters and followers to individually take the challenge.
What to Expect after Launch
- The Ice Bucket Challenge reached $115 million in donations in 6 weeks in 2014. We have added several additional features to amplify the viral spread that was not in place for the Ice Bucket Challenge. So, it is our intention that by sometime in October we go massively viral.
- However, it is not a problem if it takes longer to go viral. In this case, we will all want to continue to create and post videos, share on social media and send out additional emails if that makes sense. We will also want to continue to encourage celebrities to take the challenge since this is KEY to our success. It could take weeks or even a few months for the challenge to play out. We will distribute the funds raised to the nonprofit organizations after the challenge has run its course.